Prep and Maintenance
prep and maintenance
Get the most out of your tan with the proper prep and after care.
PREPARATION FOR YOUR TAN
Thoroughly exfoliate and shave prior to your appointment.
Wear dark, loose fitting clothes and undergarments following your appointment.
The Cosmetic bronzer may rub off on your clothing, however it will come out of most fabrics, excluding silks and nylons.
Avoid wearing make up and moisturizers on the day of your appointment, as this acts as a barrier to the spray and stops the color from developing properly.
Sensitivity could occur if you have shaved or waxed within 8 hours of your session. If you haven’t experienced issues with sensitivity related to self tanning products in the past you should be fine.
DAY OF YOUR APPT -
- Please do not apply any lotion, oils, perfume, make-up or deodorant.
- Female clients may tan in a bathing suit, undergarment or nude. Male clients must wear an undergarment/bathing suit. Whatever you decide to wear will get solution on it so make sure it is dark.
IMMEDIATELY AFTER YOUR TAN -
- Wear dark and loose fitting clothing and loose flip-flops. No jeans, tight fitting clothes, sports bras, socks or running shoes until after your first rinse. Rainy day? Make sure to wear a jacket with a hood, loose pants, an umbrella and shoes that cover your feet but aren’t tight.
- Do not get wet in any way BEFORE your first rinse. Avoid the following right after being sprayed: rain, washing your hands and face, working out, any water activities, perspiring, and skin on skin contact such as crossing your legs. These activities are fine after your first rinse.
- Do not worry if you notice dark areas around the creases of your neck, underarms elbows and knees. Please do not rub because these are just the initial bronzers that will blend in completely after showering.
- Also, do not worry if your underarms or neck have a green tint to them. This is just the DHA in the solution reacting with any deodorant or sweat that was left on your body. The green tint will wash away after your first rinse.
- If you have been sprayed with a Rapid solution, please follow the 2-6 hour rinse instructions for your desired degree of darkness. Don’t panic when it seems you have little color after your first rinse. This particular tan continues to develop for up to 24 hours. Please DO NOT use any type of body wash or moisturizer until 24 hours after your initial rinse.
MAINTAINING YOUR TAN
- Wait at least 8-12 hours before showering.
- Apply moisturizer morning and evening after your post tan shower.
- Avoid long, hot showers and excessive scrubbing of the skin. Pat your skin dry after showering.
- Chlorine in swimming pools and hot tubs can remove or shorten the longevity of your tan.
- Take care when exercising as friction and excess sweat may cause your tan to fade prematurely or unevenly.